This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Monday, June 17, 2013

What would you do?

Tyson and I help coach one of the teams in Ringsted's tball. Normally what we do is pitch to the kids and let them hit rather then making them hit off the tee. Most kids will get a hit after 6 balls and we don't have to use the tee. The range of kids is kindergarten through 4th grade, so it is usually the littler ones that have a hard time swinging. Last night Hannah was having a hard time hitting the ball her last time up. She had already hit twice during the game. Tyson was pitching to her and I was on the field coaching. After about 10 pitches, he told her he was going to use the tee, she started crying , knowing no one else had used the tee yet this season. So he took it away and tried tossing the ball up in front of her to hit and that didn't work. Then my brother in law, Travis tried pitching a couple to her...no luck. I felt so bad for her. In the end she did hit off the tee, but was crushed. I know she was just embarrassed in front of all the people that were there. Travis tried to reassure her at first base and I did when she got to second. I just felt terrible for her. On the way home Tyson and I told her how proud we were of her and even if she had to hit off the tee we were still proud. By the time we got home she was okay with it, but what would you have done with your kid(s)?

2 comments:

Angie Brooker said...

Tough one! I think you handled it perfectly. Now take her out back and pitch to her til she hits 20 in a row! :)

Kimberly said...

That might be a long night, but we definately will do that, thanks :)