This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Friday, April 22, 2011

This will make you smile I'm sure!

I'm not sure how many of you that keep up with my blog remember or have ever seen the car I drove when I was in high school? Back in the day when I did drive it, it was a really good, reliable car for me and got the best gas mileage! Well, it has never left my parents' house since as they have been driving it as their back up car ever since I didn't need it anymore. Needless to say it does NOT look as nice anymore! There are rush spots all over the place, duck tape holding parts together, and all kinds of other pretty sights. We always joke about how it probably whistles as you drive it from the wind coming in and out of the rust holes in the outside of the car. Now that gas is so expensive, we (Tyson and I) have been trying to figure out how to save on the money we spend on gas every week. It just so happens that my dad was ready to get rid of the Celebrity b/c they haven't been using it as much anymore and said we could have it. Well, yippee for us ;) Let me tell you, my mom was super excited to get rid of it b/c that meant she didn't have to drive it anymore on the occasions that the van was getting a tune up. Dad said when she would drive it to work, she would park way in the back where no one could see her get in and out of it!

This morning I had to work, but Tyson and the kids were home because they all had the day off. So Tyson asked me to take the car so they could have the Explorer to go in and see his Gpa Nielsen. Now, I wasn't crazy about the idea, but I sucked it up and drove it to work this morning. If anyone is ever feeling brave and wants some excitement, let me know and I'll hook you up with a "test drive" so you can get the whole experience! I mean, to truly get the image of this, you have to see the car. (I will post some pictures if I get a chance this weekend:)

1 comment:

Mandy Hunecke said...

HA! Oh the celebrity!!! I wish I could have seen you drive it. :) I will keep my eyes peeled next time I am in town.