This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Monday, March 21, 2011

We did it!

This past weekend my friend, Aubrey, and I headed to Minneapolis to run in the Get Lucky 7K. 7K is = to 4.some miles. We had to be there by 8:00 Friday night to pick up our running packet and gear, which meant we had to book it straight from work with no stops. We ended up getting up there in plenty of time, got our stuff with no problem, and headed to the hotel for the night. I wasn't very nervous about the run b/c I had never done one before and didn't expect to do that good.

Saturday morning we got up around 7:00 to find somewhere to eat breakfast and it was so cold and snowing. We didn't figure this was a good sign for the rest of the morning. By the time the race started the sun had come out and it actually was nice weather to run in. There were so many people down there. I think the website said there were about 4500 people running that day. In the picture below: On the left is Talicia, who we both work with at the hospital, my friend Aubrey, and Laura all the way to the right of me is Talicia's friend that ran with her.

Once we started running, the momentum of everyone else running kind of carries you and I didn't really think about the fact that I was even running. I felt really good that day, so I hardly ever thought about stopping. Once we crossed the finish line we got our medals and then stood around while others finished. Part of our package was a free beer at a local Irish Pub, so we headed over there to get our free beer. Since it was about 11:30 we obviously didn't stay there. Aubrey and I headed back to the hotel to "soak" in the hot tub and then got ready to do some shopping. Overall we had a great time an it was nice to spend some time with Aubrey. We definitely will be doing that again or doing some this summer :)

Talicia, Aubrey, Me, and Laura

Aubrey and I waiting at Kieren's Irish Pub. Can't pass up a free beer!!

These were the metals that we got. It will probably be a tree ornament come Xmas time ;)

When I got home on Sunday, Marissa was so excited to see me. She just went nuts as soon as I walked in the door, she couldn't get to me fast enough. Hannah thought I won the race since I had a metal, and when I told her I didn't, Samantha said she could have won. Apparently Samantha wants to start running with me....we'll see if that happens :)

1 comment:

Aaron Burdorf said...

Congrats on the run! That's awesome! :)