This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Funny Story

This weekend was pretty eventfull. Friday I took Marissa to her 9 month check up and she seems to be doing really well. She was right in the middle for height and weight, but apparently has a big head? She looks pretty proportional to me. Anyway, the doctor isn't worried about it. I had mentioned that Marissa pulls at the sides of her head a lot, but was not fussy like she had an infection, and sure enough, she has fluid in her ears. He said it wasn't infected, but it needed to be checked in 6 weeks to see if it clears up. I'm hoping at that appointment we can talk about an ENT and putting in tubes because she has struggled with her ears since she was born. She's been treated 4 times and now has fluid in her ears, and she is only 9 months old.

Saturday we went to Mason City for the day. Didn't really have anything planned other than to just look around and do some shopping. It was a nice day spent together.

Sunday Samantha woke up not feeling well, but wasn't running a fever. She said her throat hurt and she was coughing. Tyson stayed home with Samantha and Marissa and I took Hannah with me to Fairmont to get groceries. Tyson had given the girls each an old wallet that he had, so they made money out of green construction paper to put in their wallets. Hannah wanted to know if she could bring it with, that was fine with me. Once we get to HyVee, of course she wants the little shopper's cart, so she followed me around with that putting some groceries in her own cart. Anyway, we get up to the counter to pay and I get out my money to pay and Hannah pulls on my shirt and secertly says, "Mom, what about me? Can I pay?" I said yes and told her to put her "money" up on the counter. The lady looked at me and whispers, "Should I take it." So I just nodded yes and she tells Hannah how nice that was of her to help pay for groceries! And we leave. Next stop was Pizza Hut where we ordered and waited for it to take home. As we were sitting there, Hannah says, "Mom, how come I didn't get any change back?" So I explained to her that when you pay with fake money, you don't get real money back. She says, "How did she know it was fake? Was it because my presidents had smiles on their face?" I just laughed and said, "I don't know? Maybe."

No comments: