This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Couple different things

I just have a couple of quick things to mention. About a week ago I found out at work there was going to be a position opening up in Armstrong at the clinic that I was eligible for. Of course I applied for it because this meant instead of driving 35 miles to work, I would only have to drive 8 miles. No more white knuckle driving all the way to Fairmont on these wonderful winter days we've been having. Within a matter of about 4 days I found out I got the position and start on Tuesday, which didn't give me a lot of time to even process that I would be leaving the clinic in Fairmont. It is actually the same job I'm doing at the clinic in Fairmont, they are just moving me to their clinic in Armstrong to do the same thing. They've never had this position in Armstrong, so it is something new and a great opportunity to save some money on gas :) and milage on my vehicle. However, I'm extremely sad I will be leaving the people I work with now. I really get along great with them and have a great time talking with them and joking around. I will miss them greatly! But this is one of those situations where I need to do what is going to be best for my family in the long run. Wish me luck...I hope it is an easy transition!

The other thing I want to mention is my friend, Aubrey, and I have decided to run a 7k in downtown Minneapolis. It is the weekend after St Patty's Day and we are super excited about it. We got the idea from another girl we work with who does a lot of races and she thought we would have fun doing it, so we figured, what the hell. Neither of us are really all that prepared, but are doing our best to get there. I haven't been running since it started getting cold out, but have started running on the treadmill again. We are going to go up on that Friday night, do the race on Saturday, and then come home on Sunday. Aubrey works for Green Mill (Holiday Inn) and gets great rates on rooms, so it's working out great for us to make it a girls' weekend. I'll keep you posted on how it goes :)

2 comments:

The Chambers Family said...

That is awesome. I am happy for you. It will definately make your commute a log easier. You and Aubs are crazy...but love your determination. My plans are for the summer...when it is warmer. If I ran in the cold, you would have to carry me b/c my asthma would kick in at the start of the race.

Aaron Burdorf said...

Congrats on getting a job closer to get home! That will be so nice for you and the family.

Good luck with the 7K! That could be a cold one, but what a great accomplishment! :)