This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Busy Weekend

It has been awhile since we have had a busy weekend. It seems like normally we don't have anything planned for a weekend and then when we do, a hundred other things come up. A couple of months ago my mom and I planned a weekend to do some after Christmas shopping and planned it for the 15th of this month, which was Saturday. We were going to head up to Albertville to the outlet mall b/c neither one of us had been there, but heard good things about it. The plan was to leave early Saturday, stay overnight, and head home Sunday sometime. As it got closer to the weekend we were going to go, Tyson came home and said one of the guys he works with wanted us to come over on the 15th for supper and just hang out. Then we got an invite to Luke Oleson's surprise birthday party, also on the 15th. On top of all that, Samantha had signed up to do a dance camp about a month ago and it happened to be on that same day. As you can see, we had plenty of things to do. I still went with my mom shopping, leaving Tyson at home to do everything else. He got Samantha to her practice that morning and to her dance performance that night. I felt really bad missing her dance, but knew she would be doing it again in March. When I talked to her afterwards, she told me she did really good and that she could show me some of her moves Sunday when I got home.

My mom and I had so much fun shopping. We both had really good luck at the outlet mall and it was really a perfect winter day to be at an outlet mall. The wind wasn't blowing and wasn't too cold. Most of the stores we went into were 60% off the sale prices, so I got some really good deals on things for the kids and myself for work. After shopping a few hours, we took a break to get some lunch and I was feeling really guilty about leaving the kids and Tyson at home. It's not very often that I'm not with the girls, so it's hard to be away from them. My mom could tell I was feeling guilty and asked if I wanted to just go home that night after the mall closed. Even though I would have really liked to stay and enjoy the time away, we cancelled our room and headed home about 9:30 that night. It actually worked out great b/c Tyson ended up going to Luke's party after Samantha's dance and I just picked him up on my way through town and even visited with them for about the last hour of the party.

No comments: