This is us!
- Kimberly
- There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!
Saturday, June 12, 2010
I know you've been waiting :/
We did finally have our baby last Friday, June 4, 2010. It was totally a surprise that we had a girl, Marissa Jean. I thought for sure we would be having a boy judging by the heartbeat and how I was carrying. Just goes to show that you can't really go by those wives tales. As you can see she was born with a ton of hair and yes, I did have heartburn really bad, especially towards the end. The girls are so proud of their new sister and can't get enough of her. I do realize this will probably wear off at some point. The delivery itself went really well and didn't have any problems. We went in on Thursday night at 7:00pm to be induced. I started having contractions right away and had to ask for pain meds at 3:00am. The doctor came in and broke my water at 8:00am and by 10:00 I had my epidural. At that point I thought I would be having a baby by noon and that the process was really moving right along. Well, my doctor came up at 12:30 and said I wasn't ready yet, but it wouldn't be long. I didn't have Marissa until 3:17pm. She was 7 lbs and 15 oz, and 22 inches long. Just to compare, Samantha was 7 lbs and Hannah was 7 lbs and 11 oz. Marissa was the longest. Hannah was also a week late. That night Tyson went to get the girls and bring them up to meet Marissa
and I will never forget the looks on their faces. Before they left that night Hannah wanted to know if they were going to come back the next day and get another baby. We explained that no, it would be the same baby the next day too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love all the pics! The family picture is so sweet! Congratulations! :)
Congrats to all of you!! So adorable! Thanks for the update. :)
Congratulations! She is adorable.
Post a Comment