This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Preparing for Christmas :)

Well, we had a great Thanksgiving. For the first time in about 4 years or so, we made the trip up to my aunt and uncle's house in Lakeville, MN. In past years we haven't been able to go b/c I have always have to work holidays and/or the weekends, so it hasn't worked. This year I didn't have to deal with any of that, so we went. We didn't leave until that Thursday morning b/c I had been sick the couple days before and needed the extra rest. Once we got up there we of course had to check out all the "Black Friday" adds to plan the shopping spree for the next day. My aunts and cousin Steph are die hard shoppers and even had couple of stores in mind to go to that day even. Friday morning Gma, Diane, Sharon, and Steph were out the door about 4:30am or so. Sean and I said the heck with that and didn't get up and go until 6:30. I thought that it would be fun to go shopping on "Black Friday" (I don't like that name by the way) b/c I hadn't done it in so long....but it definitely was not fun. More like irritating. I went into Old Navy first and pick up Hannah a super cute Xmas outfit and some other gifts and then stood in line for 40 minutes. After that I decided it really wasn't worth it and we determined whether or not we were going to go in a store by how long the line was :) It was still fun though, to see other people and how crazy they were about stuff or how much stuff they would be checking out with!!! No wonder people are in debt after Xmas!!

After we got home it took us a couple days but we got our tree and decorations put up. This year Tyson and I put up the tree and put on the lights, but let the girls put on all the ornaments. After they were done, I looked at Tyson and commented how the tree looked a little slanted forward. He said, "Well, look where all the ornaments are!" Oh, they were all on the bottom front, where they could reach of course :)

One last story: I went to Mankato with my mom to help her shop on Friday. Samantha was in school and Hannah got to come with. While we were in the mall, they had Santa there and when we walked by I said, "Look Hannah, there's Santa!" She didn't even looked and said, "Mom, he's not even the real Santa." It was so funny!! and so something Hannah would say!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That is so Hannah, very funy story thanks for sharing this is why we all love Hannah.