This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Alot to Catch up on!!!

There has been so much going on in the last month that I have a lot of catching up to do. Not to mention the pictures that I need to post :) A few weeks ago some friends of ours (Tim and Shannon Wilson) got married in the Ames area. Tyson was the best man, so we decided to leave the girls at home so we could have a relaxing time with friends. They actually stayed with my aunt and uncle in Mankato and had a ton of fun with them. It sounds like they did something non-stop the whole time they were there. I figured they would be mad when I came to pick them up at the end of the weekend :) The wedding was a lot of fun and it was good to see some friends that we had not seen in a long time. It's crazy how you can sometimes just pick up right where you left off with friends you haven't seen in so long.

Then the following weekend we took a family trip out to Silver Lake, IN to visit Tyson's side of the family. We stayed with his cousin, Kendra, and her family for a few days. We headed out on Thursday at about 2:00 pm and arrived at 2:00 am Indiana time (an hour ahead). By the time we got there we were so ready to get out of the car and go to bed. The girls did really well for the long drive. Tyson has two other cousins that live within 2 hours of Kendra, so they drove to Silver Lake and stayed while we were there. We had such a good time and wish we could have stayed longer!! Kendra and Jared have two kids, Jace (3) and Maddy (1), so the girls had a great time playing with them. We will definately have to do that again!

This past weekend we celebrated Hannah's 3rd bday. I remember when she was a wild 1 year old and Samantha was a calm 3 year old thinking...."well, when Hannah is 3 she'll be calm like Samantha is...." Ahh.....not so much. I can't get the kid to calm down even for a second!! But she does a great job of making us laugh! I will get some pictures posted soon....I hope :)

No comments: