Sunday Tyson and I met his cousin Jessica and her boyfriend, Chris in Newton for the Indy car race. Going into Tyson and I no absolutely nothing about racing, but we thought it would be something fun and different to do. We drove down the night before and got there around 9:00 pm. We all shared a hotel room which was nice b/c we had the opportunity to sit up and visit for awhile once we got there. The next morning we got up and were out the door by about 9:30 to head over to the track. Of course it was raining when we got up that morning b/c that's just what it does when we plan something fun, so we were thinking the race was going to get postponed. But it did stop raining and they were able to dry the track off by the time the race started at 12:30. Chris was on a pit crew so he was the one that got us the tickets and he took us down into the pits and explained to us what was all going on down there. It was super nice to have someone with us that knew what was going on. Right before the race started the sun came out and it was super nice out! After the race was over we headed home...it was a sort trip, but fun.
This morning I was loading the girls up to take them over to Great Gma and Gpa's house and as I was driving over there noticed that my interior lights were still on. So I figured I didn't the door shut as tight. We pulled up and I couldn't get the door open, I even put all my weight into it and it would not budge!! As I was letting them out of the other side, Hannah says, "mom, I need my shoes." I look over at the door I couldn't get open and there was her shoe slammed in it, up in the middle. Have no idea how she managed that without getting her foot caught! Then Great Gpa tried to help me get it open as he pulled from the outside and I pulled from the inside....nothing. Probably wouldn't have been a big deal just to leave it for Tyson to fix after work, but b/c the shoe was stuck in there there was an inch gap in the seal and it was suppose to rain. I really didn't want a pool in my van today. After I tried a couple people in Ringsted to help and no answer, I called my dad to help. When I got out there he tried once the same way I tried to open it and then he pushed it tighter closed and then it opened right up. Took like 2 seconds. He told me it was b/c he had so much experience fixing stuff. The sandal made it and now has a huge indent down the center of it. Thank goodness it wasn't her foot that got caught in the door.

No comments:
Post a Comment