This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Making the most of a great day!

We don't often head into the DQ for ice cream b/c I love it and once I eat it I feel like I have to stop every day, lol. But it was hot enough this day that we decided to head in and cool down.





I told Marissa to make a face so it looks like she is trapped in there! She is such an actress, haha.

After the DQ we spent some time at a little park in town. I had to help Hannah get up on the monkey bars and that was quite the site. As we were in the park, Tyson called and said we needed to come home as soon as we could b/c he had to go out on a call and he had just started the burn hole. Great!! Now we are headed home and all I can think about is how he is going to leave me there with a huge fire right next to the corn field. Before he left he is giving me the run down on what I should do if the fire gets out of hand. He has the tractor parked near the hole and tells me if it gets back, I'll have to dump dirt on it. HA. First of all, it would be a miracle if I got dirt in the loader, and secondly if I did, I'd probably be so scared/nervous that I'd drive the tractor right into the hole! Oh, and he told me to make myself visible so people driving by could see that I was out there and wouldn't call the fire dept. So, I was the friendliest neighbor around b/c I was waving at everyone as they went by, lol. As soon as Tyson left, I was calling to find someone to come out and sit with me so I didn't have to be alone if some disastrous happened. I got ahold of Julie and Donnie and thankfully they came out.

The girls had a blast with these marshmallow shooter....farshfellow as Marissa would call it. It was so funny to watch Marissa b/c she had just enough blow to push them out. Sometimes she would bring it to someone to help her get the marshmallow out and when we did it, two or three would come out! No wonder they get stuck.

This one's just for you Donnie, lol.

The kids were getting slightly bored so I asked Tyson if it would be okay for them to play in the crib. What can it hurt right? So he opened it up and they got to work making it somewhat clean. Then they put together a haunted house. Hannah was the gate keeper.

When I first entered, I only saw Samantha and her friend, Brynn at the end of the crib. I thought Marissa was in there but didn't see her. So I asked and they said, "yeah, she's here." It took me a minute, but I did find her....can you?

No comments: