This past weekend, we headed up to Rogers, MN for a family reunion on my mom's side. My mom has such a big family that it is hard for everyone to get together. My Aunt Theresa and Uncle Van live in Rogers and thought it would be a central location for everyone to meet. We headed out on Friday afternoon and go there about 6:30. Traffic as usual was thick and construction at times put us at a stand still. I could not wait to get out of the car by the time we actually got there!
The plan for Saturday was to head to a park in Maple Grove where we could play games, grill, swim, and just hang out. However, it was cold and was raining that morning when we got up. We did, however, still head to the park and got the grilling started. After eating we did decide that it was too cold and rainy to stick it out the entire day. I'm a huge wuss when it comes to the cold that I was all for heading back to Theresa and Van's house.
It ended up being a great day. It sprinkled off and on, but nothing we couldn't work with. One thing about my mom's side of the family is they like to be doing something...whether it's playing cards or creating a tournament of some sort. So we started a bean bag tournament, and even the kids were included.
Below, my cousin Amy is showing Hannah how to perfect the grass whistle. Really Amy? Might be one of the most annoying sounds, haha.
Later that night we headed over to play Whirley Ball in Maple Grove. As you can see from the pictures below, it's like basketball using bumper cars and whiffle balls. We had such a good time with this. I also must point out that my husband does not like to play games and even he had a great time with this, lol. Directly below from L-R is Tyson, Tim (my cousin Stacy's husband), Jim (Mick and Dawn's 2nd), and Stacy (Mick and Dawn's youngest).
Below from L-R is Tyson, Nathan (Amy's BF), Tim, Felicia (Jeannine's youngest), Stacy, and Brian (Van and Theresa's 2nd)
Below from L-R is Nathan, Tyson, and Brian
Below from L-R is Jim, Nathan, Stacy, Mom, Tyson, Rochelle, Tim, and Brian
Amy and I at Whirley Ball
Apparently Whirley Ball was a little too much for Tyson, lol.
Mom and I during the day. I'm not sure why I look like I'm scared?














No comments:
Post a Comment