Hannah was my big helper that day, so here she is filling in the holes before we painted.
When we moved in, we did so with all of Gpa Bob's stuff also in the house. This wasn't a huge deal for us b/c we were just thankful that we had somewhere to go. So here are some pictures of what we have been living in for the past 6 months. And I am by no means complaining b/c his Gpa has been nothing but generous for letting us stay out there. I think it has made us appreciate a lot more and has been a good challenge for us.
The above picture is the main living room in the house where most of our things are. There is another TV room in the house, which is where we have spent most of our time.
Since the kitchen cabnets are full of Bob's stuff, I've just kept our stuff in boxes and my hope chest, and it's worked. The window was painted by the girls with window paint. I would definately recommend buying some if you have kids or grandkids, it kept them busy for hours! And when the windows were full, they either found others or wiped them off and started over.
This past weekend we took a couple loads of Bob's stuff to Fairmont to be stored. Tyson and I carefully packed things up and the place we took them to looked like a great place. Now the main living room is clear and looks more like a living room. I feel like we are making some progress and we are just excited to be able to make it our own. Even though we have other plans, this gets us started. We understand it's going to a long road.

No comments:
Post a Comment