Haven't posted anything in awhile, but don't get too excited b/c we haven't really been up to much. Since my last post I've transitioned to Armstrong to work and it is going really well. I like that I only have to make appointments for 4 providers instead of the 20 some in FMT at the clinic. The people I work with down here are great and seem like a lot of fun. The clinic has also changed over to electronic medical records, which means a whole new system, and a lot of headaches for everyone!! We went live with this system on the 14th of February and it was a rough day! I was down in Armstrong by then and I didn't have anyone down here to help me schedule appointments, so I was doing all I could to keep it together that first week. It's hard to explain the difficulty of it unless you really know what I'm talking about. I guess it would similar to asking someone to do surgery when they have no training and have absolutely no idea what they are doing (okay, not that dramatic, but I really had no idea on some of the things I was doing that week). It has gotten a lot better since then. Driving only 16 miles a day instead of 46 is also great, especially with gas at 3.24.
Last weekend was the Iowa Lakes Electric Xmas party that was rescheduled a couple times. It was over at the casino in Eburg, which neither of us were too excited about cuz we don't gamble much. The supper and program were up in a banquet room where they gave us $20 to spend where ever, and two $5 players cards to use in the casino. Of course we didn't win any of the prizes they gave away, but that's just our luck. Anyway, once we got down stairs, Tyson lost $60 playing black jack, and I sat down at the slot machines to use the players cards. I ended up getting $27 and when I cashed it out, Tyson says, "just keep it in there and keep going." I just told him no way I was just trying to win back what he lost. (I'm no fun, I know.)
I'm not sure how many of you use Shutterfly, but I have been doing a journal book for the girls for the past year and just got it yesterday. I did it in a 12x12 hard cover and it turned out awesome. Just an idea for anyone that likes to journal, doing it through Shutterfly worked really well for me and now I can order one for each of the girls instead of writing it out by hand three times.

No comments:
Post a Comment