This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Another Great Weekend

Just about time to head up to Gma and Gpa Sturm's house for more presents and fun.

Samantha was in need of a new backpack because the one she had was from PreK and too small for all her winter stuff. She was pretty excited about this.

Marissa was so happy that morning and sat in her Bumbo seat while we helped her open gifts. But just like all babies, she was more interested in the paper.

A couple of weeks ago, Hannah melted her winter hat to my mom and dad's fireplace. Santa must have heard this and brought her a new one. She was so excited about it she wore it all morning while opening gifts.


This year was a little less hectic because we didn't have to try and cram all of our Christmases into one weekend. Friday I had to work until noon and then headed home to have a nice, relaxing evening with the girls and Tyson. That night before we went to bed, I got the rest of the Santa gifts wrapped and set my alarm for 4:00 am to stuff the stockings. I like to do it later in case the girls get up after we go to bed, I don't want them to think we do it....I know, I think too much. Anyway, I woke up at 6:30 and realized my alarm hadn't gone off or I was so tired I pushed snooze and didn't get up (I'm not sure which?). I was expecting to see the girls sitting on the couch watching cartoons, but thank GOD they were still sleeping! I got the stockings stuffed without waking anyone up and went back to bed. The kids ended up getting up at 7:00, so we really did get lucky. I'm not sure how I would have explained that? The rest of the day was spent up at my mom and dad's house. It was a lot of fun and always nice to spend time with family.

No comments: