I know that it has been a while since I talked about Hannah having her tonsils and adenoids out, but we don't have internet at home and I haven't been to work since the 3rd. Her surgery was in Emmetsburg on the 4th and it went really well. We had to be there by 6:00am for her to take some medicine to try up her mouth and make her sleepy. Her actual surgery wasn't until 7:30am. By the time they took her back she was feeling the full effect of the medicine. She wasn't even scared when they took her back and we couldn't come. Tyson and I waited in the waiting room for about a half hour and then the doctor came out to let us know how it went. He said that he removed a lot of adenoid tissue and this should help with the breathing issues she was having. Once they brought her back to her room, I was really surprised at how awake and alert she was. You could tell she was tired, but other than that she looked great!! We ended up leaving the hospital at 10:45am or so. It wasn't until the numbness wore off that we had a real hard time getting her to take her medicine or drink liquids. Each day has gradually gotten better. Overall I'm happy that we had it done and I can already tell that she is breathing out her nose rather than her mouth.
(I would post pictures, however, over the weekend I think our computer died and don't have access to any of my pictures.)

2 comments:
Glad everything went well! Having your baby go into surgery would be scary!
Happy to hear Hannah is such a big girl! She will feel a ton better without them I am sure!
Post a Comment