So we have been having some issues with the way Hannah sounds when she breathes. No matter if she is sleeping or not, it sounds like she is snoring. If you have ever really watched her, you notice she never breathes out of her nose, it is always through her mouth. I have even tried to have her breathe out of her nose and she couldn't do it. I have asked doctors about it and they said not to worry about it, but it was too hard not to notice. Today I took her to see an ENT out of Spencer and right away he said she needed to have her tonsiles and adenoids out. He said this would help her to breathe through her nose rather than her mouth, which is what I figured. So we set up the surgery for February 4, which is in a couple of weeks. Any advice to help afterwards? They did give us some suggestions which we will use, just curious if anyone else's kids had this done at a young age? I'm hoping that it goes okay and she's not too miserable. I'm really hoping that it will help with her breathing!!

4 comments:
Oh poor Hannah! I'm sure it will all go well and she'll feel much better! You'll probably even get a few good stories out of it too! :)
Oh, with her, I don't doubt that!!
Hi Kim! Hudson had his tonsils and adnoids out right after his 3rd birthday. He had his out because of tonsilitis CONSTANTLY! I don't know if Hannah is ill much, but besides H1N1, Hudson has been perfect (and he's 7.5). It was the best thing we ever did! We met another couple the day Hudson had his out and their boy was gaving his out because he snored and was a very loud breather. At Hudson's 2 week check-up we were sharing our stories: Hudson was DOWN on the couch, feeling horrible for 10 days. Their little guy was out riding his bike the next day. I really just think each child is different. Its so hard to push fluids to a 3 year old who just feels so awful. I hope Hannah's expierence is like the little boys, but if not... they are strong, and you will be so happy you did it! Best of luck! Erica
Thanks Erica!! I'm hoping for the best. I'm sure she will be fine...I just hope it helps her breathe better!!
Post a Comment