This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kindergarden Confrences

Last night we had conferences for Samantha. I was very impressed with what they were doing in the classroom. Her teacher this year is Mrs. Card and she does a great job with the kids. Right now the kids are learning how to read short sentences, so during the conference Samantha read us one of her books that she practices with. They also have some phonics games that they use for spelling and reading that Samantha showed us. At the beginning of the year Mrs. Card tested each kid in the class with letter recognition, sounds, and a few other things. These tests were also timed and she said that Samantha did very well on her tests. She said that she is very impressed with Samantha's ability being one of the youngest kids in the class. That is very nice to hear since you just never know if you should send your child early, or wait a year when they have a close summer birthday. She said that she will test each kid toward the end of the end to see their progress.

2 comments:

Angie Brooker said...

I've always thought Samantha was part genius! :)

Mandy Hunecke said...

I agree with Ang, I always knew she was a bright kid... Takes after her mama!