This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Lastest

First off, thank you to Angie and Mandy for helping me with the template thing. I haven't actually given it a try yet.

Samantha had her tubes put in last week and her adnoids taken out. We had to be at the hospital by 6:00am which meant we had to get up super early. Once we got there they prepped her and asked me some questions. I thought that she would be scared once they took her back to the surgery room b/c I knew that I wouldn't be able to go back there with her. But the nurse came in and asked her if she wanted to skip with her, hop with her, or take a wagon ride back to the surgical room. Of course Samantha said she wanted the wagon ride. So here comes the nurse with the big red wagon and off she goes to get her tubes put in. The next time I saw her was about an hour later. They said she did really well and was entertaining everyone back there...so that was good to hear. It took her about an hour to wake up and once she did she was a little nervous/scared b/c of all the stuff she was surrounded with. After we left I had to go to Shopko to get some perscriptions filled for her and when we pulled up she says, "Mom, I don't want to look around. Can we just get our medicine and go home?" I just chuckled and said yes. Once we got home I was thinking we would just put in a movie and sleep, however, I fell asleep and Samantha told me she was awake the whole time. She was pretty much back to normal right away. She didn't get sick at all....so we had a good experience with that.

While I was at work tonight, I called home to see how everyone was doing and first I talked to Samantha and then she passed the phone onto Hannah. Here is how our conversation went..."Hi mommy...are you coming home?" No, I have to stay and work. "Oh" What are you doing? "Just playin with daddy. Guess what?" What? "I pooped in the bathtub." That's yucky Hannah. "I know that gross mommy." I swear if this child ever gets potty trained it will be a miracle. She has good days and bad days. The last couple days she did really well. I'll be glad when it's done!!

2 comments:

Gregori Family Blog said...

Both of my boys had tubes done twice and Colton had tonsils out last year along with the 2nd set of tubes. They bounce back so quickly. Hope she is feeling better.

Mandy Hunecke said...

Glad we could help :). Right now the cutest blog on the block is having server problems so hopefully it is up again soon. Have a good weekend!