So, I see that blogging seems to be the new thing, which seems weird considering I just created a Facebook account (which is new to me) and now this. But I completely understand how this would keep others informed as to how things are going, especially since a lot of my friends don't live very close to me. (I just hope they don't stop calling me to keep in touch if they can read about me online...wink, wink.) I know that I like reading other friends' blogs to see what they have been up to. So...I will try and keep this updated, we'll see how that goes.
To catch people up on what we are doing now....
Tyson works for Iowa Lakes Electric in Swea City as a Lineman (works on powerlines) and was hired FT in May. Tyson really enjoys his job and works with 2 other guys at their station. That was a relief, however, we have to move to Armstrong or Swea City because we have to live within 9 miles of the service station and neither one of us wants to live in Swea City. So we are slightly stressed out about trying to sell our house and getting moved. We've looked at houses in Armstrong and so far nothing really fits our needs, which leaves us unsure of what to do. We also need to get our house sold in Ringsted before we can afford to do anything else. The good thing is Tyson's employer told him they understand the situation and will give us the time we need to get moved as long as we are working on it.
I am still working at the hospital in Fairmont and really like my job. I work the 3-10:15pm shift and really don't mind it for now. I know this shift won't always work for us, but I will cross that bridge when it comes.
Samantha started PreK this fall and loves it. She has however developed a little bit of an attitude since. I'm sure it is from watching her classmates. We just continue to do our best in steering her away from acting inappropriately. Every day we ask her what she did in school and she always says, "I don't know." Tipical huh? But every once and awhile she will come home and be really excited about something. About 2 weeks ago we had parent/teacher confrences and I was anxious to see how she was doing compared to the other students in her class, only b/c she just turned 4 in July and is one of the younger students. Mrs. Card said she was doing really well and that she catches on quick. That was nice to hear. It's fun to work with her and have her ask questions like what does a K sound like....things like that. Sometimes the questions never end though :)
Hannah is Hannah. She is definately her own person and holds her own very well. We have been trying to potty train her for the past couple months. I know that at some point she will just "get it" but it's frustrating b/c I wish she could just listen to me tell her what to do and then "get it" right away. Some days are better than others.
I suppose that's probably a little too long, but that should get you updated to what we are doing right now. I'll try my best to update often and I hope you enjoy reading about it :)

3 comments:
Love it! Welcome to the blog world!
Hey Kimbo!
Welcome to the world of blogging! i've added you to my blog list (which has a few people from A-R)...hope all is well.
YAY! Welcome to the blogosphere, careful it does get addicting. Loved reading about your fam. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment