This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Get Your Rear in Gear 5K

Sunday the girls and I joined my Aunt Diane and Cousin Stephanie to do a 5k run/walk in Edina, MN. This run was geared toward colon cancer, which my Uncle Jack passed from a year ago. After the 5K run, there was a 1/2 mile kid's run that Hannah and Samantha did. They thought it was pretty fun, but I think it could have been a bit longer for them. It was almost too short.

 Steph had shirts made for us. The front says, "Do you know Jack," and the back said, "I run in honor of Jack Sprague."
 Hannah and I before the run. For some reason I can never keep my eyes open when someone takes a close up shot?? Crazy I know.

 Samantha and I before the run...I did manage to keep my eyes open in this one :)

 The girls getting warmed up before their run.

I love this picture above. Steph, her sister in law Nicki, and a friend of her's had never done a run before, so here they are coming to the finish. The three to the left had walked down a ways to watch for them to come in, so when they saw them, they started running with them to motivate them to keep going.
 There they go heading to the finish. It was kind of emotional as I had my Aunt Diane screaming beside me, "Keep going Steph, do it for Dad!"

 Here's Samantha in the blue running her race. She wanted to know if I timed her, and unfortunately it was over just as quick as it started. I think it probably took them only a couple minutes to run!

 Hannah is in the middle with the white jacket and purple shirt looking at her feet :)

 All four of the girls that ran. The kids got "medals" after their run, which they thought was pretty sweet.

Steph and I after the run.

These were the shorts I had made. Thought it was perfect b/c my uncle Jack would tell stories about when he first started getting his treatments and how he would leave the nurses post it notes. Anyway, it was only fitting that it's on my rear! We miss you Jack!

No comments: