This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

We are moved and somewhat settled :/

My husband annoyed that I'm taking a picture of him. We were just taking a load out to the farm.

OMG....the mess! No matter how organized I tried to stay, or how many times I picked things up to make it a little less messy, it always looked like this. I do not do well in clutter, so I had a hard time with seeing this for two weeks! Marissa's idea of "helping" was to follow me around as I was packing, and as soon as I packed something....she came along and took it back out.


"What, she doesn't go in here?" I'm pretty sure there will be room in the car for her :)


Friday night before we were out, Tyson and a friend of ours (Joe Crouch) moved all the furniture and appliances. So we got food from the bar and had to eat on the floor. My mom came down to help me pack up my kitchen and wrap all my glassware.

The kids had been sleeping on their mattresses on the floor for about a week before we actually moved. They loved it.

Marissa just thought this was the coolest thing. She would go in there and belly flop all over the mattresses. It was like she jump around as much as she wanted to and wouldn't get hurt. Once she figured that out, I couldn't get her out of the room.


Saturday we got up early and start packing and moving EVERYTHING. Marissa stayed with Gma and Gpa Johnson b/c her method of helping was not going to "help" us too much. The other two stayed with us b/c they wanted to help. Hannah did manage to get one box packed (not the one above) and she just threw whatever was nearby in there. Luckily I noticed which one this was b/c later when we were out to the farm, we didn't remember packing the remotes. Hannah piped up and said she packed them in a brown box with tall sides. (That was pretty much every box we used!)

Saturday night was the first official night not at our house. Here Marissa is just getting used to the new surroundings.

Sunday we finished with everything about 1:00. Before we locked up the doors, we told the girls if they wanted to go in and look around they better do it b/c we were never coming back. So they did. Then we loaded up in the car to head out to the farm. As I start to pull away, I hear sniffling in the back seat, which was Hannah. I ask her what was wrong. She says, "Can't you at least take a picture so I can remember we lived here?" So I stopped and we all got out to take a picture so Hannah could remember. (We do have another one that shows more of the house for her :)


Taking our final load out to the farm. Hannah's pretty excited, but Marissa was ready for a nap!


We've been out there for almost a week. Even though the house is bigger than the one in Ringsted, we filled it up pretty fast with all our stuff. So we are basically living in a small area of the house that is left over :) Luckily we had a lot of help moving and we appreciated it! Every day my mother-in-law and Donnie were stopping by to see if they could help with something and even though we didn't have something to do every day, it was nice to know they were more than willing to help!!

No comments: