This is us!

My photo
There are plenty of stories for us to tell and as Marissa gets older, there will be even more. There is never a dull moment in our household and that's the way we like it!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Samantha and Hannah played tball in Armstrong last night, and for Hannah this was her first game. Lets just say it was clear she had not played before. It actaully made Tyson and I feel bad that we hadn't worked with her as much as we should have going into it. She's got the throwing part down pretty well as far as the basics of step and throw, but running the bases was a whole different story. In this picture Samantha is playing first base. She did pretty well after she realized pretty much every ball was going to be thrown to her.
In Armstrong they have the kids hit off the tee to get them used to a level swing and learning the basics of hitting. Samantha would much rather be pitched to, but is still good practice for her.


As you can tell from her face it was super hot. This picture was taken before she even played. Hannah put in a great effort and did her best. I think at one point she might have had her glove on the wrong hand, was playing in the dirt, and dancing around the infield.


Check out that great throw! Like I said, you can tell which parts of the game we have worked with her :)

It was so fun to watch her run bases too. I think for the little kids they should have all orange bases :) Hannah would run half way and then stop because she wasn't sure where to go.

1 comment:

Aaron Burdorf said...

I enjoyed your stories about the girls' t-ball game. Takes you back, doesn't it? Go Nielsen Girls!!